Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 9: Oops

So, about how "Day 9" is eleven days after "Day 8," can anyone remind me how that math works? Oh, it doesn't. Cool, that's cool. No excuses: not keeping this thing up is disgraceful, as it doesn't take very long to write these entries at all.

That being said, I've made some good progress in a few areas. My diet's taking on more of a favorable shape, and I've been keeping up with my fasting plan pretty well--fasting intervals have ranged from a minimum of 15 hours to a maximum of 19 hours. Honestly, at this point, the trick is proving to be in eating a sufficient amount in that time-frame. Having prepared a number of meals beforehand is helping, but I'm taking too much time between meals, meaning that I end up only 2/3 of the way to my caloric needs for the day when evening--the time of my day when I am most likely to have obligations to attend to--rolls around, and often makes eating an untenable option.

Obviously, the longer my fasting period, the shorter my eating period and the harder it gets to stuff my face enough in the time available to me. That is why I need to normalize at around 16 hours; it triggers the ketogenic state I'm looking for and gives it some time to ride, but also leaves me 8 hours in which to get the calories I need each day. Even then, though, it's hard to approach that volume without constantly eating during that period--on heavy exercise days, I'm looking at 3000 calories, and on lighter days, I'm looking at 2600.

Exercise has been going well, but grip strength is proving a significant-enough bottleneck that I've made adjustments to put more emphasis on building it up. You'd best believe things are getting gripped up in here, in this house. This heezy. Oh yes.

Work has been a bit of a Charlie Foxtrot. More on that tomorrow. Sleep is in the now-time.

Still learning,
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment