Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 4: Starting Gun

This being Tuesday, my doing the weekly overview/commitment post is a bit belated, but I'm fighting the temptation to simply postpone the whole thing until this upcoming Sunday. That's one of my greatest personal failings, which has developed over the last six years, especially; if something throws me off such that I can't meet my (often arbitrary and unreasonable) expectations of myself, I scrap the effort entirely and swear to do it later, when life presents a better opportunity.

I used to be the sort who created and seized opportunities, knowing that life does not hand out convenience, only varying levels of challenge you must overcome. These days, I am my own worst enemy in all my endeavors, so the first step lies in saying 'no' to that self-demeaning, failure-fearing tendency and just doing the best I can every single day. After this post, my journal posts will be concentrated at the end of the day.

So, the following are the goals I'm pursuing/taking steps towards for this week, beginning tomorrow:
Livable income from creative endeavors alone
Adherence to a daily schedule
Cut all artificial ingredients from my diet
120 g of protein per day
Weight of 77 kg, 8% body fat
Write 5,000 words daily
Improve singing

My post tomorrow will discuss a bit about how I'll be tracking progress along the way in addition to covering how my actual efforts went.

Still learning,
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment