Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 13: What Is This I Don't Even

Little by little, the imaginative machinery is starting to pick up steam again. I've been reading books in my leisure time as often as I used to, and the effect on my mental acuity and staying power is salutary. I am reclaiming that precious tool of the artist: concentration. I am starting to remember, revive and rebuild story concepts, and the results are edifying so far.

I did, however, somehow manage to hurt my neck while holding a one-arm plank. Considering I didn't fall or make any sudden movements, I'm not really clear on how that's possible, but okay!

I managed to secure a new client for my freelance work today, and the extra source of income is lovely. My first priority item is a new SSD to replace the crashtastic one my desktop currently uses. Switching to the laptop is no longer as safe an option as I had hoped--it has been acting up on occasion lately, as well. Besides, having to pause every so often while the computer decides if it wants to die or not is not exactly helpful with the whole 'focus' aspect of this grand undertaking.

I'm doing well hitting most of my nutritional goals day to day, though my eating is still spread out too much. I keep brushing up against the limit of my 8-hour eating window. Part of the problem is that I've not been getting all of my cooking done each Sunday, which means I have to take some time every day to cook, so I put that off until I'm comfortable with how much work I've gotten done. This, in turn, leads to a restlessness problem where, when I get the urge to do a little exercise late in the evenings (which happens every evening) I have to keep putting it off because my stomach is full. If I could condense my needs down into two big meals, perhaps, it would make things easier. Extending the fasting period by shrinking the eating period would also make the fasting a bit more effective.

If I seem a bit scatter-brained at the moment, it's because I'm itching to do a little more writing-related work.

So, I will.

Still learning,
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment