Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 12: Signs of Movement

This week, I'm going to be undertaking a fairly drastic reform of my exercise regimen, in the name of movement. Certainly, every exercise one does constitutes a movement, and bodyweight exercises already tend to involve a fair sight more balance, coordination and mobility than weightlifting, but I'm talking about something a bit more fundamental. Challenging the body to produce fluid movements from changing positions in changing circumstances. If it sounds vague, that's because this is all relatively grey to me, as well, and I'll be coming at it with a mindset of experimentation.

I do have certain defined skills I'll be working on, but I'll also be spending my Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays just fiddling around with whatever motions come to mind and seeing how I might benefit from them.

Otherwise, my list of goals to work towards remains the same for this week. I need to really pin down those initial objectives before I bother myself with others. To heap another pursuit on my plate when I'm still too scatterbrained to face what I've got would just be looking down on these endeavors.

Still learning,
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment